25 jazz etudes is a book aimed at intermediate jazz students wanting something authentic to play over well known jazz standards.
It has long been recognised that to develop jazz vocabulary we should copy the masters of the music but what if our favourite player is simply too advanced for where we currently are in our musical development?
The 25 jazz etudes have been created with limited tricky passages, no high sustained playing but still uses great, authentic vocabulary.
Check out the demo.
You should also check out www.jazzetudes.net where if you subscribe to the newsletter you receive a bunch of free etudes to try along with the backing and demo tracks!
The book has 25 etudes and each etude is in concert pitch, Bb. pitch, Eb pitch and bass clef.
The etudes are -
- Alfie – 60 bpm
- Almost like being in love – 135 bpm
- Bye bye blackbird - 135 bpm
- Caravan – 180 bpm
- Doxy – 100 bpm
- East of the sun – 135 bpm
- Fascinating rhythm – 160 bpm
- Fly me to the moon – 140 bpm
- Four - 170bpm
- Giant steps – 185 bpm
- Have you met miss Jones? 135 bpm
- How high the moon – 175 bpm
- I remember you – 165 bpm
- I'll close my eyes – 160 bpm
- I'm coming Virginia – 131 bpm
- I've got rhythm changes – 175 bpm
- Line for Lyons – 140 bpm
- Makin' whoopee – 90 bpm
- Night in Tunisia – 170 bpm
- Scrapple from the apple – 160 bpm
- Song for my father – 135 bpm
- Star eyes – 115 bpm
- Summertime – 105 bpm
- Tempus fugit – 200 bpm
- There will never be another you – 160 bpm
- If you would like the backing tracks and demo recordings (free) you need to go here - https://www.jazzetudes.net/demo-backing-tracks-free